On September 9th, The Kilner Group hosted several hundred attendees at Verizon Center to hear from Steve McClatchy – a bestselling author and keynote speaker. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive, and we’re hard at work coming up with ideas for our next event!
Many people have asked us, “why did you, a real estate company, host a seminar on leadership?” The answer is simple. Our mission as a company is twofold: to lead the residential real estate industry in client service and results, and to help form leaders both inside and outside of our organization. This event is part of our contribution to forming leaders around us.
Here are our top 5 takeaways from Steve’s keynote:
- “Gain” Tasks will produce the most significant results in your personal and professional life
- Creating a daily list will exponentially increase the time you have for the tasks that will produce the most significant results.
- You defend your important appointments with other people, use the same principle to defend your time with your most gainful tasks.
- Remember that pressure and high quality do not play nice.
- Use procrastination to your advantage when high quality is not necessary.
Interested in learning more? You can download Steve’s keynote outline below.